Features & Benefits
- Heavy-duty, self-locking design
- For use with bolts up to Class 10.9, Grade 8
- Available in sizes from 1/4" (M6) to 1-1/2" (38MM) Other sizes available by special order.
- Available in 316L Stainless Steel
- Carbon Steel washers are case hardened and coated with RoHS-compliant Delta Protekt™
- Provided in pre-assembled, glued pairs
- Easy to install with standard tools
- No re-tightening needed once installed
- Vibration proof according to MIL-STD-1312-7
Disc-Lock® Locking Washer Junker Test
Disc-Lock® Wedge Locking Washers have been tested on a Junker Vibration Machine. The Junker test, considered the most severe vibration test for bolted joints according to DIN 65151, is used to determine the point at which a bolted joint loses its preload when subjected to shear loading due to transverse vibration.
When tested against a standard washer using the Junker test, Disc-Lock™ Wedge Locking Washers remained secure under severe vibration conditions, while the standard washer loosened significantly.
Disc-Lock® Wedge Locking Washers outperform conventional, split-ring, and other style washers in a wide variety of high stress, corrosive, and vibration-sensitive applications including:
- Agriculture Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Heavy Rail
- Logging Equipment
- Oil Drilling Equipment
- Waste Management
- To install the Disc-Lock® Washer, place the preassembled pair of washers between the nut and the joint material.
- As the nut is tightened, one half of the Disc-Lock® Washer is seated to the joint material and the other to the nut.
- Disc-Lock® Washers should only be used against flat, relatively smooth metal surfaces.
- If the joint material is not metal, the Disc-Lock® washer may be used by securing the metal plate to the joint material in such a manner that the metal plate will not rotate.
- A torque wrench is not required to install Disc-Lock® Washers.
- An air-gun can be used when installing and removing Disc-Lock® Washers.
- If installed correctly, the Disc-Lock® Washer will ensure that the fastener remains secure, and will not require any re-tightening.
When installing Disc-Lock® Washers in a common application, expect an increase in required torque over recommended installation torque to achieve proper clamp load and maximum joint safety. Due to varying installation conditions and customer-specific applications, additional information and torque recommendations are available by contacting Engineering support at Disc-Lock®.
Disc-Lock® Wedge Locking Washers are also available through our Made in the U.S.A. product line.
|DL-M8-5/16ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.326 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 5/16 in8||N/A 0.326 in8.28 mm||N/A 0.628 in15.95 mm||N/A 0.119 in3.020 mm|
|DL-M6-1/4ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.262 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 1/4 in6||N/A 0.262 in6.66 mm||N/A 0.495 in12.57 mm||N/A 0.101 in2.560 mm|
|DL-M24-1ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 1.015 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 1 in24||N/A 1.015 in25.78 mm||N/A 1.626 in41.30 mm||N/A 0.240 in6.10 mm|
|DL-M22-7/8ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.883 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 7/8 in22||N/A 0.883 in22.44 mm||N/A 1.470 in37.34 mm||N/A 0.240 in6.10 mm|
|DL-M20-3/4ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.820 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 3/4 in20||N/A 0.820 in20.82 mm||N/A 1.381 in35.08 mm||N/A 0.183 in4.650 mm|
|DL-M16-5/8ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.651 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 5/8 in16||N/A 0.651 in16.53 mm||N/A 1.247 in31.67 mm||N/A 0.134 in3.400 mm|
|DL-M14-9/16ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.572 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 9/16 in14||N/A 0.572 in14.53 mm||N/A 1.128 in28.65 mm||N/A 0.127 in3.230 mm|
|DL-M12-1/2ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.510 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 1/2 in12||N/A 0.510 in12.95 mm||N/A 0.937 in23.82 mm||N/A 0.136 in3.450 mm|
|DL-M11-7/16ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.450 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 7/16 in11||N/A 0.450 in11.43 mm||N/A 0.880 in22.35 mm||N/A 0.135 in3.330 mm|
|DL-M10-3/8ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.409 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 3/8 in10||N/A 0.409 in10.38 mm||N/A 0.705 in17.90 mm||N/A 0.135 in3.400 mm|