Blind Rivet Nuts provide load-bearing threads in thin sheet materials that are too thin for a tapped thread. They are called “blind” because they can be installed from one side of the work piece.
Once the rivet nut is installed, additional components can be attached using threaded fasteners.Benefits / Advantages
Rivet Nut Application Examples
- Provide a strong thread in thin materials that cannot be tapped
- Easy to disassemble and reassemble
- Once installed, additional components with threaded fasteners can be attached
- Pre-painted material will not be damaged during the installation process
- Available in many different styles and materials
- Ideal replacement for weld nuts:
- More efficient, simple installation
- Will not distort base material
- Eliminates weld splatter, toxic fumes, and other by-products of the welding process
- Can be installed in many different kinds of material including steel, plastic, composites, and fiberglass
Sherex provides a broad offering of rivet nuts to meet the requirements of many different types of applications.
Our products are available in steel, stainless steel, or aluminum materials, with a variety of head types (wedge, keyed, countersunk), and with closed ends and/or sealed heads.