Features & Benefits
- Heavy-duty, self-locking design
- For use with bolts up to Class 10.9, Grade 8
- Available in sizes from 1/4" (M6) to 1-1/2" (38MM) Other sizes available by special order.
- Available in 316L Stainless Steel
- Carbon Steel washers are case hardened and coated with RoHS-compliant Delta Protekt™
- Provided in pre-assembled, glued pairs
- Easy to install with standard tools
- No re-tightening needed once installed
- Vibration proof according to MIL-STD-1312-7
Disc-Lock™ Locking Washer Junker Test
Disc-Lock™ Wedge Locking Washers have been tested on a Junker Vibration Machine. The Junker test, considered the most severe vibration test for bolted joints according to DIN 65151, is used to determine the point at which a bolted joint loses its preload when subjected to shear loading due to transverse vibration.
When tested against a standard washer using the Junker test, Disc-Lock™ Wedge Locking Washers remained secure under severe vibration conditions, while the standard washer loosened significantly.
Disc-Lock™ Wedge Locking Washers outperform conventional, split-ring, and other style washers in a wide variety of high stress, corrosive, and vibration-sensitive applications including:
- Agriculture Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Heavy Rail
- Logging Equipment
- Oil Drilling Equipment
- Waste Management
- To install the Disc-Lock™ Washer, place the preassembled pair of washers between the nut and the joint material.
- As the nut is tightened, one half of the Disc-Lock™ Washer is seated to the joint material and the other to the nut.
- Disc-Lock™ Washers should only be used against flat, relatively smooth metal surfaces.
- If the joint material is not metal, the Disc-Lock™ washer may be used by securing the metal plate to the joint material in such a manner that the metal plate will not rotate.
- A torque wrench is not required to install Disc-Lock™ Washers.
- An air-gun can be used when installing and removing Disc-Lock™ Washers.
- If installed correctly, the Disc-Lock™ Washer will ensure that the fastener remains secure, and will not require any re-tightening.
When installing Disc-Lock™ Washers in a common application, expect an increase in required torque over recommended installation torque to achieve proper clamp load and maximum joint safety. Due to varying installation conditions and customer specific applications, additional information and torque recommendations are available by contacting Engineering support at Disc-Lock™.
Disc-Lock Wedge Locking Washers are also available through our Made in the U.S.A. product line.
|DL-M6-1/4ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.262 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 1/4 in6||N/A 0.262 in6.66 mm||N/A 0.495 in12.57 mm||N/A 0.101 in2.560 mm|
|DL-M8-5/16ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.326 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 5/16 in8||N/A 0.326 in8.28 mm||N/A 0.628 in15.95 mm||N/A 0.119 in3.020 mm|
|DL-M10-3/8ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.409 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 3/8 in10||N/A 0.409 in10.38 mm||N/A 0.705 in17.90 mm||N/A 0.135 in3.400 mm|
|DL-M11-7/16ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.450 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 7/16 in11||N/A 0.450 in11.43 mm||N/A 0.880 in22.35 mm||N/A 0.135 in3.330 mm|
|DL-M12-1/2ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.510 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 1/2 in12||N/A 0.510 in12.95 mm||N/A 0.937 in23.82 mm||N/A 0.136 in3.450 mm|
|DL-M14-9/16ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.572 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 9/16 in14||N/A 0.572 in14.53 mm||N/A 1.128 in28.65 mm||N/A 0.127 in3.230 mm|
|DL-M16-5/8ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.651 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 5/8 in16||N/A 0.651 in16.53 mm||N/A 1.247 in31.67 mm||N/A 0.134 in3.400 mm|
|DL-M20-3/4ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.820 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 3/4 in20||N/A 0.820 in20.82 mm||N/A 1.381 in35.08 mm||N/A 0.183 in4.650 mm|
|DL-M22-7/8ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 0.883 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 7/8 in22||N/A 0.883 in22.44 mm||N/A 1.470 in37.34 mm||N/A 0.240 in6.10 mm|
|DL-M24-1ss||N/A Disc-Lock™ 1.015 Inch (in) Inner Diameter Stainless Steel Washer||N/A 1 in24||N/A 1.015 in25.78 mm||N/A 1.626 in41.30 mm||N/A 0.240 in6.10 mm|